A Brief Description
Our church is organized through the authority of the United Methodist Church. However, our members come from a variety of denominational and religious backgrounds. The church was formed in Randle (in an area then know as Vance) in 1890. It has a proud tradition of serving our community and seeks to serve God through serving its community today. Its current minister is Dennis Degener. He has served this church since 1978. He is an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church and a certified counselor by the American Association of Pastoral Counselors.
We completed construction of our new church building in September, 2009, and we are located at 116 Kindle Rd, Randle WA, one block off US Highway 12, behind the Randle Clinic and across the street from White Pass Elementary.
Our Sunday Morning Worship service is at 9:30am. We center our worship around the set of scriptures that can be found in the Revised Common Lectionary that is used by many churches. We celebrate Holy Communion at least once a month, usually on the first Sunday of each month.
We are also the home of a Medicine Wheel group, called the Three Mountain Clan. It meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month with a potluck at 6pm and Medicine Wheel teachings at 7pm. This group is led by Roy Wilson, who seeks to see the connection between Native American Medicine Wheel teachings and traditional Christian teachings.
For other activities, please see our church calendar.
We are a community of people seeking the life-giving power of Christ in our lives and are called by God to:
- Welcome people of all ages and backgrounds into a fellowship of love and acceptance
- Nurture and encourage each other's unique spiritual growth
- Renew our faith in Christ by sharing in worship, prayer, study, and fellowship
- Develop, explore, and express our faith
- Live as servants of God in the world
- Support efforts in our community to enrich the social, physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual healthy of its residents